Welcome to the Feilding Art Society
Feilding Art Society had its beginnings in 1969. It occupies its own spacious building at 104 Manchester Street (opposite Courtesy Ford), which is only 75 meters from the clock tower and Friday’s Farmers’ Market
As well as an attractively presented display areas downstairs, there is a well light large work space upstairs which also includes a library. The Centre is well heated with three large heat pumps.
What we do
- We showcase works of local artists in genres as diverse as painting, ceramics, sculpture, wood turning, weaving, jewellery and mixed-media.
- We run workshops tutored by recognised artists. These offer participants a valuable opportunity to draw on the talents and skills of the tutors.
- We hold four large events annually. The Art and Garden Trail in January (Wellington Anniversary Weekend), the Members’ Exhibition in April, the Art Expo in July (held at the Conference and Function Centre (previously the Convention Centre) in Palmerston North, and the Art Awards in October.
- We offer childrens’ art classes on Wednesdays after school. (These are scheduled to start in term 2, 2019). (Please note. As at October 2020 no childrens’ classes are running).
- We host ‘have a go’ groups which run on Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday and Friday mornings. These cater for many crafts including knitting, embroidery and drawing.
- We provide an environment for all artists working in any genre to exhibit their works. You don’t have to be a member to hold an exhibition. For further information and application form, please refer to the ‘Exhibition Timetable’ tag on this website.
If visiting us, please have a look around the Art Centre, and feel free to view our great facilities upstairs.
Have you thought of being involved in art in some way? We are always seeking new members. Further information is readily available by phoning the Art Centre on
Would you like to become a member?
Here is a link to the Membership Form.
If you are unable to print the form, there are hard copies at the Art Centre.
Opening hours and contact details:
Open Monday to Friday 10.00am to 4.00pm
Open Saturday 10.00am to 1.00pm
Address: 104 Manchester Street, Feilding
Phone: (06) 323-2323
- Classes and Workshops
- Featured Artists
- Art Awards 2020
- Members’ Awards Exhibition
- Art Trail 2021
- Manawatu Art Expo
- Calendar 2022
- Join the Feilding and District Art Society
- Contact details
To view the latest happenings at the Art Centre, visit our Facebook page by clicking on the link below